CAMWorks is an intuitive, feature-based CAM software that helps to increase productivity using best-in-class technologies and adaptable automation tools to maximize CNC machining efficiency.
The new ‘Machine to the Mean’ capabilities in CAMWorks eliminates long-standing issues surrounding differences between design practices required to tolerance parts based on fit, form and function vs. manufacturing’s need to machine geometry based on mean dimensions and tolerances.
CAMWorks with Machining Intelligence is the most advanced CAM programming software available for getting products to market faster, more efficiently and within budget.
CAMWorks eliminates the drudgery of CNC programming with Intelligent Machining through automation. Pioneered by Geometric Technologies, this suite of tools automates the generation of toolpaths based on a knowledge-based database.
It eliminates hours of complex programming through Automatic Feature Recognition (AFR) that automatically defines prismatic machinable features, while the TechDBTM (Technology Database) defines machining operations to automatically generate accurate toolpaths at the click of a button.
CAMWorks machining modules include: 2½ Axis Mill, 3 Axis Mill, Turning, Mill-Turn with 5 Axis Simultaneous Machining Support, 4/5 Axis Simultaneous Machining, and Wire EDM.
CAMWorks is a next generation best-of-class CNC programming solution that enables its users to program smarter and machine faster.
CAMWorks was the first fully integrated CAM solution designed exclusively to operate in SOLIDWORKS. This integration allows you to:
- Use a single file for CAD and CAM systems for your enterprise
- Use the CAMWorks machining tree and commands at the click of a button along with SOLIDWORKS and generate toolpaths without leaving the SOLIDWORKS environment
- Use the same SOLIDWORKS geometry to generate toolpaths to ensure the part machined is the same as the part that is modeled
- Eliminate time-consuming file transfers using standard file formats such as IGES and SAT
- Seamlessly integrated within SolidWorks
- Feature-based machining
- True model associativity
- Knowledge-based machining
- High-speed machining strategies
- Eliminates time-consuming CAM system rework due to design updates
- Eliminates hours of complex programming through Automatic Feature Recognition
- Automatically accommodates changes to the part model
- Automatically generates accurate toolpaths at the click of a button
- Increases machining productivity